Ana Roxane has been captivating listeners and audiences for 10 years with its brand of ambient music that incorporates elements of R&B, dreampop and new age. Her 2015 self-titled album was re-released in 2019, and the following year she moved to New York and released the absolutely stunning and transporting Because of a flower, a meditation on gender and identity that has allowed it to reach its widest audience yet. You can listen to both albums below.
Ana has since collaborated with the cult new age icon Beverly Glen Copeland and tour with Marie Lattimore last fall. She also has a few shows scheduled for later this summer, including a headlining show from her hometown at Brooklyn’s Public Archives June 29 with Chantal Micheland Salem, MA Peabody Essex Museum on July 1.
Public records‘The bespoke high-fidelity Sound Room performance space is perfect for listening to deep music like Ana Roxanne’s and the venue has plenty of other cool shows on its schedule. These include:
- June 9: Former LCD Soundsystem synth expert Gavilán Rayna Russom performing “Machine Life” ++quest?onmarq(tickets)
- June 14: Brandon Seabrook Trio (with Gerald Cleaver and Cooper-Moore) + NOMON (tickets)
- June 15: Emily Sprague: Florist (tickets)
- June 16: River Moon with SHYBOI, Bearcat and River Moon (tickets)
- June 17: Arthur Moon (tickets)
- June 19: Juneteenth @ Public Records with Kyruh + Shannon + Amal + Nativesun hosted by James Bangura (tickets)
- June 29: Ana Roxane @ Public Records with Chantal Michelle (tickets)
- July 16: Anteloper (Jamie Branch + Jason Nazary) + HXH (tickets)
- 22nd of July: Claire Rousay + Matchess (tickets)
Consult the public archives’ current program here.